Ziploc Baggie Omelets Mar 30, 2011 17:39:43 GMT -5
Post by minnesotascott on Mar 30, 2011 17:39:43 GMT -5
This works great!!! Good for when you're alone or when all your family is together. The best feature is that no one has to wait for their individualized omelet. Write each person's name on a Quart Size Ziploc Freezer Bag with a permanent marker - or better yet, ask each person to write on their own.
1. Break 2 eggs into the quart size Ziploc bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
2. Put out a variety of ingredients such as: Cheeses, Ham, Onions, Green Peppers, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Hash Browns, Salsa, Etc.
3. Each person adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake the bag to mix them well.
4. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
5. Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. If you have more omelets, make another pot of boiling water. (Wouldn't this be a great way to cook individualized omelets in a pot of boiling water over an open fire while camping? or over a barbecuer for a patio breakfast?)
6. Cut the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. It amazes anyone who has not seen it.
7. Serve with fresh fruit and breakfast rolls, coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and it becomes a great conversation topic.
You could prepare all the makings the night before, and ready to insert the bag(s) in boiling water while you the remainder of breakfast ready. And in just 13 minutes you/everyone has a nice omelet for breakfast.
Just thought I'd bring this post back up...Since it had disappeared...
Besides, I was gonna make omelets for 2 & wanted to see the original recipe again..
I've seen some recipes for this with shorter time, So you may want to experiment. I guess it would sort of depend on how many ingredients you add. I wouldn't want my eggs to be undercooked though.